Friday 17 November 2023

Stort CD-FUND i genbrugsen #06: HANK WILLIAMS - "48 Original Recordings"

 


Records from the thrift store scoop #6:
Hank Williams - "48 Original Recordings"
I know absolutely nothing about country music other than Johnny Cash! And a doco that I taped called "Sons of Hank Williams" (it's on YouTube). It's about a new generation of "country" musicians - the ones that go against the "pop country" - which I don't know anything about either.
I got this double cd second hand in a huge pile of cd's from a Red Cross store a while back and I'm working my way thru them. Man, this guy is sad and depressed! There's a four page booklet and it says he drank and was on drugs and died as a 30 year old. Too bad.

I'm into my second listening now and this is pretty good. But of course stay away if you hate violins or need your growling heavy metal front men. 🤪
The title "48 Original Recordings" is pretty lame tho. They could have called it "I drank, took funny pills and mess up mah life but at least ya now got this patter for a proof" or something else inventive.
Man, some of these songs are depressed. Nick Cave should have covered him back in the day!
"Cold, cold heart"
"I'm so lonesome I could cry"
"Nobody's lonesome for me"
"I'll never get out of this world alive"
"My son calls another man daddy"
"You're gonna change (or I'm gonna leave)"
"My love for you has turned to hate"
"I'm a long gone daddy"
"I don't care (if tomorrow never comes)"

1 comment:

  1. Er begyndt at interessere mig for country i senere år. Kan se jeg må have fat i Hank Williams. Passer fint til mit humør.

    ReplyDelete